So You Have Formed Your Corporation/LLC, Now What?

Written by Raymond McKenzie on July 28th, 2010

Start-up companies many times do not know the extent of their legal and other needs after forming a business. The drafting and filing of Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization are just the beginning of your company’s service needs. I recommend that each new business owner immediately reach out to establish relationships with the myriad of services providers your business needs, now and in the future. Such service providers include many of the following:

– a corporate law attorney specializing in employment, contracts, intellectual property, litigation and other corporate issues;

– a CPA for your business accounting and tax services;

– an insurance broker for your business liability, E&O, and other insurance needs;

– a banker with whom you have a personal relationship with;

– a financial advisor for your 401K, retirement and other accounts;

– an IT services firm to be on call for your computer networking needs;

– a payroll company to handle weekly payroll and taxes for your employees; and

– a company to develop your website, and then focus on your internet advertising, search engine optimization, and other advertising needs in order to properly publicize your business over the internet.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you need referrals in any of the above areas.


Leave a Comment

What is 25 + 14 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is: